Most likely you’ve just received your Huion H950P (check it out here), you’ve installed the drivers, tried it out and you’ve noticed that there’s no tilt. Yeah, I was there too, don’t worry the Huion H950P does support tilt! Keep on reading to learn how to fix that part.
Huion are by far one of the biggest Wacom competitors, they offer cheaper tablets with more or less equal specs. The H950P is a perfect example, because its specs actually beat the Wacom entry-level tablets and it’s about two times less their price.
I believe that Huion have the potential to become the industry’s new standard if they keep going at it with full force.
|Wacom Intuos CTL6100 M||Huion H950P|
|Size||264 x 200 x 8.8 mm |
/ 10.4 x 7.8 x 0.35 in
|322 x 192 x 5mm |
/ 12.6 x 7.5 x 0.19 in
|Resolution||2540 LPI||5080 LPI|
|Report rate||133 PPS||233PPS|
|Active area||216.0 x 135.0 mm |
/ 8.5 x 5.3 in
|221 x 138mm |
/ 8.7 x 5.4in
|Supported OS||Windows, Mac and Linux||Windows, Mac and Linux (sort of I guess)|
If you purchase the H950P from Huion's official website, I believe that you will get the drivers/Updater with your goods but if you get the tablet from another place like AliExpress or Amazon, you'll need to go through the process below.
So what I've found out in terms of Tilt on the Huion H950P is that you need to download its drivers from the official site. Then proceed with contacting their support and request they send you a Firmware Update tool. I'm going to take you through the whole process:
- Uninstall any tablet drivers from your computer;
- Download the drivers;
- Send a message to Huion's support team at email@example.com and request the Firmware Update tool for H950P Tilt.
- You will then receive a message from the support team containing a link to the file. It's a zip containing the Updater program and an Instruction manual. The instruction manual has pictures and is pretty simple to get around.
To add the Tilt functionality by properly installing the Updater on your Windows computer, here's what you need to do:
- Disconnect your tablet from the computer.
- Open the Application file.
- You'll get the "Select interface" option where you have only "USB" available, so just click on Continue.
- On the next page you will have Status, Load File and Programming.
- Under Status you will have a Connect button, click on it and then plug in your tablet.
- The updater should recognize your tablet and you'll get a green Connected text in the Status section.
- You then need to click on LOAD under the Load File section. The updater will show you a size and checksum info. That's not really something that you need to worry yourself about.
- Hit the Start button under Programming and let the Updater do its thing.
- Most likely you'll get a "Programming success" notification where you just hit Okay and close down everything, and go try out the tilt.
Hope that this helps someone who's freaking out that they can't seem the Tilt going.
As of this moment, I'm drawing a piece using the Huion H950P and I'll be uploading a speed-painting video.